Thursday, January 29, 2009

Linda's Last Word

Hello Everyone,
Well, I’ve found me Husband, I’m going now. Wayne and I are heading off from Torrens Creek on the 12th of January. I was lucky enough to get a job at Maryborough, I’ve since found out that ‘everyone wants to go to Maryborough’ (the words of the Assistant Commissioner who came to visit the other day), but fortunately enough I think I had enough people say good things about me. The transfer was in the Police Gazette on 17th October but I volunteered to stay on here for Christmas and New Year and whilst they find a replacement. I’ve received phone calls from 3 officers down south inquiring about the place who have since submitted their applications so I’m confident the position will be filled in no time.
Wayne is looking forward to the change. The house we’ve bought has a huge big barn style shed that I’ve already called ‘Wayne’s World’.
I thank everyone in the Torrens Creek Division for their friendship and being ‘well behaved’ during my time here. The doors were always open for BBQs, dinners, drinks and good times which makes time in the country all that more special. And I can’t believe I’m leaving here a ……was going to say golfer……..but I don’t consider myself a ‘golfer’, shall I say having tried my hand at golf. And the Maryborough Golf Course is 13.5km from our house (Wayne’s measured it) so we hope to continue it down there.
Wishing everyone a very Happy Christmas and New Year. Please be careful if you’re driving, this is the time that everyone appears to have to get from A to B the quickest and does stupid things.
Bye for now, take care.
Linda & Wayne

No comments: