Friday, May 23, 2008

Torrens Creek Telegraph Page 2.




George Knudson - late of Torrens Creek


George, cooking up a Storm, 1997.


George lived in Torrens Creek for many years with his partner Gayle. He was a local identity. A real battler and a gentleman with a wacky sense of humour. A great Neighbour.




I’d been thinking about him a lot last Sunday. Probably because of the activity next door with new people preparing to move in. I’d not heard from him, or about him for ages. Last I’d heard was that he was still in Croydon but wasn’t happy there. He wanted to come back.


Monday morning I answered the phone to his partner’s daughter-in-law, Bianca. I’ve never had a call from her before, although I had met her when she visited with Colin years ago. I was surprised to hear from her.


During the course of the conversation she informed me of his death a year ago that Sunday. We both had chills down our back. Eerie.

No comments: