Friday, May 23, 2008

From the Editors Desk

Hi. It’s been almost five years since I issued a news letter. I do hope this will be a welcome return.
Many things forced me to cease publication. Not the least the breakdown of my equipment. I’m going to try this first one. Rod has kindly agreed to carry them around the run.
After the first issue I thought I’d start a blog. Saves trees, ink and delivery. For those who can’t read the blog let me know and I’ll continue printing a few. The address is http://wwwtorrenscreektelegraph.blogspot.com/


Information on local happenings and updates of interest would be appreciated.


Several things motivated me to start up again. Not least the news of George Knudson. I imagine a few of you would have been wondering about him. That was so eerie, how I learned.
Then we got the photos from Ryan and Andrea and I thought you would all be interested to see their new addition to the family.


There have been lots of changes in the last five years: new people arriving - including our son, new buildings, bitumen in the back streets, change of ownership to some rural properties - and The Exchange Hotel.


And, not the least, a change at the police station. It's almost three years since Linda arrived. She has included us in so much of her life since she came: her family, her first Christmas here (very memorable),her meeting and engagement to Wayne, their wedding andrecently, the pain of losing Nelson.

No comments: