Monday, October 18, 2010

12th October

Well the good news is, we have water after a miserable day without any. The other news is that it is being pumped from the creek. It reminds me a bit of the Jaws movie ... Just when we thought we were safe to put out our summer clothes the dirty water is back. I can hear that creepy theme music.
Unless you have a great filter system, beware of those rusty stains on your good whites and don’t forget to boil your drinking water. The council is working on the pump problem.
Had an email waiting for me when I finally got back on line. Maggie, the dog from ‘Running in Pink’, says that she and owner Deborah De Williams have made it around Australia. Deborah is the first female to run the entire distance, not sure about the dog. Some of you will remember her stay here last year and I imagine quite a few saw her on ‘Sunrise’. What a great achievement, such persistence. You can visit her website on www.runningpink.com.au
I wonder how many watched the Bathurst race on Sunday? I’m still recovering. What a nail-biter. of us have actually driven the circuit? I bet there are a few stories out there. Might make an interesting book of memoirs. The view we got from the helicopter shows what an awesome circuit it is. The race has become an icon over the years and is a real family affair., they say.
Many thankIt was so full of action that I couldn’t leave the television until the ads. Today they say that the leaders were almost out of fuel when they finished. How many s to Trish’s visitors who helped me when my Gopher broke down while I was walking the dogs one afternoon during the school holidays. They noticed the problem and fetched my husband. This saved me trying to get the dogs home without transport.
The storm bird is certainly not lying this year. We are getting our fair share of rain and thunder. Not like Brisbane, thank goodness but it has kept our grass green. The interesting thing I’ve noticed is that there are very few ants—lots of fleas this year, but no ants.
Speaking of fleas, ‘Margaret’s Handy Hints’ says not to try and wash the fleas off your dog, as fleas swim, but rub a good quality flea powder through their hair regularly.
And did you know—the oldest recorded written recipe (about 4000 years old) is for Beer? Who’d have guessed? www.beerinstitute.org/
 
 

No comments: